thank you mrs. clarke for the lovely carrot cake picture

Monday, May 17, 2010

may cakes

I had a slice of carrot cake last week from Busboys and Poets. It was alright. The cake part itself was nice and moist (almost too moist, which could be too much oil), with ample carrot shreds and nuts, but it was lacking some punch -- the baker could have had a heavier hand with the cinnamon and nutmeg. The frosting was a nice consistency, but again, lacked the zing that makes cream cheese frosting so delicious.

Earlier in the month, my lovely roommate surprised me with a carrot cake cupcake from Heller's. The cake was a little dry, but had nice flavors. The topping I was less than thrilled with -- it tasted like it had gelatin or something in it. Maybe it had just been sitting out for a while? There was quite a good amount of frosting though -- had it tasted better I would have been in heaven.

-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment