So, this may be unnecessary to say, but I love carrot cake. Love. And I have decided to share my love with all you loyal interweb readers. Aren't you excited?
The format of this blog is still up in the air, but I plan to recap/review recent carrot cake consumption (yes! double alliteration!) and wax poetic about the cake's amazing qualities. Should you have any suggestions for myself or my co-editor Aubrey, please don't hesitate to let me know. That being said, we don't have high aspirations for this blog, other than expressing a love for the genre, so don't take it personally if we don't follow through with your outstanding ideas.
Some History
Lily: My love for carrot cake probably started sometime in the 1980s during my infancy, but modern-day interest in the cake was rekindled when I had a slice of Rose's carrot cake in Hampden, one of the hon"-iest neighborhoods in Baltimore. I believe it was from a store called Soup's On, next to Oh! Said Rose (possibly the same Rose as the cake?), but it's a little hazy. This was at least 7 years ago, and I was instantly hooked. The spices, the carrot shreds, the raisins, the moist cake, the cream cheese frosting. OH man. Rose's cake = heaven.
Recent samplings of Mid-Atlantic carrot cake have included Hello Cupcake, Georgetown Cupcake, Heller's, Blue Ridge, Atwater's, and of course, Rose's. Reflections on these cakes forthcoming.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment