I was sitting at my desk this afternoon when a coworker of mine happened to walk by and mention to someone else that there was cake upstairs, but the only kind left was carrot cake. Naturally, my ears perked up and I jumped to attention and asked her for the exact location of said cake. I raced upstairs, hoping that I wasn’t too late, as people in my 250-person office descend like vultures upon any and every kind of food that’s left out for the taking. Thankfully, there were a few pieces left and I was able to snag one.
Using my well-honed sleuthing skills, I was able to learn that the cake was from Desserts by Gerard. It was unfortunately a little cold, but that’s no fault of the bakery and merely a reality of office cake. The cake itself was pretty good, albeit a bit dense, but that’s common in carrot cake. There was a lovely hint of pineapple and there was a smattering of chopped walnuts, which I’m a fan of. I thought that it was sufficiently sweet, but not too much and it had a nice flavor. The icing was light and fluffy and I liked it a lot, although I think it could have used a little but more. After all, isn’t the best part about carrot cake the cream cheese icing? Also, it would have been better had it been a bit tangier. Overall, I’d say the cake was good, but I’ve had better. I wouldn’t turn it down, though – especially if it’s free again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment